Via Subia 15, Gaiano 84084 Fisciano (Salerno)
A stone’s throw from the Amalfi and Cilento coasts, in an area rich in beauty, culture and archaeology, the baronial Negri family owns an old estate in Gaiano Fisciano, near the 19th century main building and around the farmhouse, “La Corte”, nestled in the Irno Park.
Monica, the only daughter of Baron Antonio Negri, has transformed the family estate into a charming organic agriturismo, in memory of her father, allowing all guests to enjoy the enchantment and ancient flavours of this corner of paradise, that reminds her of summer holidays from when she was a child.
The ancient hazelnut, chestnut and walnut woods, with old vines, create an immense green backdrop for the agriturismo and its friendly hospitality.
The rooms, furnished with extreme attention to detail, feature the comfort inherent to an agriturismo and enjoy views over the valley or the garden, to enjoy a completely relaxing stay.
The “Pannatone” room is a homely restaurant with rustic details and a hearth. Guests can enjoy delicious homemade breakfasts with traditional recipes for lunch and dinner, with authentic, familiar flavours. There are outdoor areas for children to play in.
The garden features a swimming pool and a Finnish sauna with adjoining Turkish bath reserved for guests, creating a special atmosphere in the evenings. The same area is used as a barbecue on summer evenings with music and a refreshment for cocktails or aperitifs.
The food is based on traditions from the family and the local area. Most of the produce comes from the farming business and the recipes are authentic Campania-style, with specialties such as lasagne with vegetables, ricotta ravioli, mushroom pâté and wild boar, prepared with herbs and enriched with tasty side dishes.
La Dolceria dessert area is the tastiest: biscuits with hazelnuts to add that finishing touch to a meal are baked here, and can be purchased in packs for a sweet memory and thoughtful gift for family and friends. Products such as cakes, doughnuts, mostaccioli, croccante and rococò are stylish traditional gift from Campania.
All you can do in our agriturismo and in the surroundings, we split, for convenience, into subject areas, so that our guests identify more easily what they are interested in:
- Guided tour of the agriturismo* and the farm adjoined (12 acres), with illustration of the natural cycle of the products and the harvest, depending of the season, from the garden to the hazelnut forest (8 hectares, about 7,000 plants of Tonda di Giffoni IGP hazelnut), from fruit trees to chestnuts and walnuts, from the vineyard to the olive tree grove, then the vast garden, full of flowers (by jasmine, extended on entire walls, to Pelargonium, with the leaves scented, from the geraniums to the daisies, from the hydrangeas to medinilla, from plumbago to the fat plants).
- Feeding* and petting our beloved animals, enjoyed especially by the children, the donkey Serafina, the deers, goats, ducks and chickens (even collecting the fresh eggs!) and bringing lots of carrots to the bunnies.
- Walks in the woods of the farm, searching for the mushrooms, delighted by the wild pink cyclame.
- Walks in the natural park Frassineto, two kilometers away from the agriturismo (passable by car), where there are clearly marked paths (very easy) and hiking (moderate slope), with a 'large play area for children and a picnic area with barbecues; ideal for hiking and jogging (in one of the paths, long 3 kilometers, you find, any 150 meters, wooden tools for fitness, to combine with the jogging and fitness).
- Hiking in the hills, between chestnut and hazelnut trees, and on the mountains of the Valley of Irno, particularly on Mount St. Michael, Mt. 1600, a three-hour walk or, if you prefer, approaching by car to the parking lot and one hour uphill walk.
- If interested in other more specific proposals, but less "our" as horse trekking, mountain biking, motor cross and archery courses, we put guests in contact with external vendor, on request.
FOOD AND WINE:
- Cooking classes*, practical (on the job) and personalized to the needs of our guests, (which after the first dinner can choose which dishes want to learn), managed directly by our cooks in our kitchen of the agriturismo, especially on various pizzas, homemade pasta (scialatelli and cavatelli) and sweets with biological hazelnuts (caramelized hazelnuts, fruit tarts, cake "negrella" with chocolate and hazelnuts).
- Special evenings with barbecues* by the pool, with music and lights, or with rustic bread and pizza, that is kneaded and cooked with our guests in the old wood stove.
- Wine and food tasting tours, with visits to manufacturers, near the agriturismo, of mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, wine (Aglianico and Falanghina, especially) and ice cream, which are the products of excellence in the Salerno area!
* Payment services, follow the link: http://www.agrinegri.it/index.php?l=en&c=listino#
The agriturismo, surrounded by the green park that offers relaxation and pure nature, is, however, in a strategic position (just 2.5 km from the highway SA / AV) to reach within a few minutes, the landscape, artistic and archaeological site, the most beautiful and famous of the entire Campania region: - in 8 minutes, the historic center of Salerno, a real pleasant surprise (because still little known), with the beautiful Romanesque cathedral of S Matthew, the amazing Arechi Castle and the Museum of the Ancient School of Medicine, the first in Europe (c. sec . IX), with an adjoined the botanical garden of medicinal plants, now Minerva Park. From November to January all across Salerno are the endless lights called " lighting artist", a show not to be missed!
- in 15 minutes, the Amalfi Coast, the divine coast, with Amalfi, Ravello and Positano (reachable, as well in the car, as in the ship, departing from Salerno or even with sailing boats, of which we can organize on request, the charter)
- in 25 minutes, Pompeii and Herculaneum, the Roman cities buried c. 2,000 ago by Vesuvius: after the visit to the archaeological sites, you can continue to drive until the middle of the volcano and then on foot, in 25 minutes, you get up on the edge of the crater, a thrilling spectacle.
- in 35 minutes, Naples, the capital of Southern Europe in the nineteenth, an extraordinarily beautiful city, rich in history and art, with the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, a crown of the gulf.
- in 45 minutes, Paestum, with its Greek temples, one of the most beautiful sites of Southern Italy.
Up to 40
We spent eight splendid days in this agriturismo, where we were very well received by Gianni and Monica. The whole team was really taking care of our whole family and we would like to thank in particular the adorable cooks who seemed like real grandmothers to us for who knows how to speak a few words of Italian! As for Gianni and Monica, thanks for their precious advice on the visits to be made in the surroundings of Salerno and Naples.
(Translated with DeepL Translate)
Fantastic experience. I wanted to make my granddaughter Ginevra, 18 months old, escape from the Roman heat, and I found the perfect agritourism in Campania, in the province of Salerno, between hills and sea, we lived an unforgettable experience. The Agrinegri near Salerno in the Picentine mountains... View Vesuvius. Such a particular structure, with attention to detail, seems to leave the world and enter into a magical atmosphere. Vials, phon pond
water-lilies, swimming pool, flowers, lots of flowers, colors that take your soul. The peculiarity is its being an international place, where you don't expect so many foreigners, families with young children and teenagers from all over Europe descend that Monica and her partner Gianni welcome with wide smiles ... Aperitifs at sunset... Personalized breakfasts... Light lunches ( so they say) with amazing mozzarella... Tomatoes and zucchini from their garden... Strictly homemade pasta... The swimming pool between the greenery offers comfort to the summer heat... A few kilometers from Salerno the port and away you set off for a tour of the coast... But if you want, instead of going to the beach you can do trakking between the mountain trails that start a few steps from the farm and wind through wooded mountains and fresh, you can see ancient villages and wanting to stop for a picnic, it's all equipped. And then in the evening when you come back Monica and Gianni welcome you with their aperitif, Prosecco for toasting and pizza pizzelle, Pumpkin flowers in batter ... and many other wonders.
In short, we would never leave, and my niece has received exceptional treatment, because children are the guests of regard to which is shown the farm animals, donkeys, and duck and goats, a small paradise on earth where Baba and Alice the two beautiful labradors are the friends of all. A fantastic experience.
(Translated with DeepL Translate)
Hi vam passar sis a l'agost amb la Monica i en Gianni, els amabilíssims propietaris. The agrotourism is in the village of Gaiano, in a mountainous green area, surrounded by forests of castanyers and hazelnut trees, but very well located to visit the main tourist places of the Campània: Nàpols, Vesuvi, the ruins of Pompeia, Herculà i Paestum, Amalfi and the Amalfi Coast, Agropoli and the Cilento Coast, Sorrento, Salern, Vietri sul Mare, the royal palace of Caserta, etc.
To feel the valuable councils of Gianni in order to avoid crowds of people and excessive heat, even with the purpose that the stay of the customers is comfortable and comfortable. Thanks to him we have discovered things that we have not seen before, such as the royal palace of Caserta, the tasting in situ of the buffalo mozzarella campana or the ruins of Paestum, unfortunately not very sure how to contain the temples grecs very well preserved, better than that of Grècia itself. Likewise, following their councils, we will decide to visit the Amalfi Coast with a sea excursion on a plain organized by the company Blu Mediterraneo de Salern: a very comfortable and pleasant way to access one of the most incredible places in the Mediterranean.
Monica's treatment is very warm and familiar, continuously concerned because the customers are finding it to their liking. The agritourism structure is very good: it has an outdoor terrace where the opening and the soup are served every day, and a swimming pool to be refreshed every day after the tourist visits. The effort is more than correct, but it would be better to improve the coffee. The delicious and abundant soups, cuinats with own products: inoblidable the pasta with carabassons, the pollastre with pebrots and ontot the 'parmigiana' of shelters. He's a bo, but he's got to take into account that he's paid in part.
The accommodation, which we went to the pairal house of Monica, in the centre of the village, because they have all the rooms of the agrotourism occupied, is the only aspect to improve: with furniture and decoration of the eighteenth century, very good and very interesting from the artistic point of view, but an uncomfortable mica for the needs of the twenty-first century.
All in all, the stay at Barone Antonio Negri farmhouse has been an unobligible experience that, even if we don't fight, we will surely repeat it!
(Translated with DeepL Translate)
Pleased to meet you, I am Monica Negri and I am 57 years old.
I have been managing Biologico Barone Antonio Negri since 1998 along with my partner.
As well as we cook for the guests, we welcome the guests, we are responsible for communication.
I decided to manage an agriturismo because to pursue a passion
According to the guests, the best thing about our agriturismo is the warm family welcome.
The telephone number is: