Via Subia 15, Gaiano 84084 Fisciano (Salerno)
A stone’s throw from the Amalfi and Cilento coasts, in an area rich in beauty, culture and archaeology, the baronial Negri family owns an old estate in Gaiano Fisciano, near the 19th century main building and around the farmhouse, “La Corte”, nestled in the Irno Park.
Monica, the only daughter of Baron Antonio Negri, has transformed the family estate into a charming organic agriturismo, in memory of her father, allowing all guests to enjoy the enchantment and ancient flavours of this corner of paradise, that reminds her of summer holidays from when she was a child.
The ancient hazelnut, chestnut and walnut woods, with old vines, create an immense green backdrop for the agriturismo and its friendly hospitality.
The rooms, furnished with extreme attention to detail, feature the comfort inherent to an agriturismo and enjoy views over the valley or the garden, to enjoy a completely relaxing stay.
The “Pannatone” room is a homely restaurant with rustic details and a hearth. Guests can enjoy delicious homemade breakfasts with traditional recipes for lunch and dinner, with authentic, familiar flavours. There are outdoor areas for children to play in.
The garden features a swimming pool and a Finnish sauna with adjoining Turkish bath reserved for guests, creating a special atmosphere in the evenings. The same area is used as a barbecue on summer evenings with music and a refreshment for cocktails or aperitifs.
The food is based on traditions from the family and the local area. Most of the produce comes from the farming business and the recipes are authentic Campania-style, with specialties such as lasagne with vegetables, ricotta ravioli, mushroom pâté and wild boar, prepared with herbs and enriched with tasty side dishes.
La Dolceria dessert area is the tastiest: biscuits with hazelnuts to add that finishing touch to a meal are baked here, and can be purchased in packs for a sweet memory and thoughtful gift for family and friends. Products such as cakes, doughnuts, mostaccioli, croccante and rococò are stylish traditional gift from Campania.
All you can do in our agriturismo and in the surroundings, we split, for convenience, into subject areas, so that our guests identify more easily what they are interested in:
- Guided tour of the agriturismo* and the farm adjoined (12 acres), with illustration of the natural cycle of the products and the harvest, depending of the season, from the garden to the hazelnut forest (8 hectares, about 7,000 plants of Tonda di Giffoni IGP hazelnut), from fruit trees to chestnuts and walnuts, from the vineyard to the olive tree grove, then the vast garden, full of flowers (by jasmine, extended on entire walls, to Pelargonium, with the leaves scented, from the geraniums to the daisies, from the hydrangeas to medinilla, from plumbago to the fat plants).
- Feeding* and petting our beloved animals, enjoyed especially by the children, the donkey Serafina, the deers, goats, ducks and chickens (even collecting the fresh eggs!) and bringing lots of carrots to the bunnies.
- Walks in the woods of the farm, searching for the mushrooms, delighted by the wild pink cyclame.
- Walks in the natural park Frassineto, two kilometers away from the agriturismo (passable by car), where there are clearly marked paths (very easy) and hiking (moderate slope), with a 'large play area for children and a picnic area with barbecues; ideal for hiking and jogging (in one of the paths, long 3 kilometers, you find, any 150 meters, wooden tools for fitness, to combine with the jogging and fitness).
- Hiking in the hills, between chestnut and hazelnut trees, and on the mountains of the Valley of Irno, particularly on Mount St. Michael, Mt. 1600, a three-hour walk or, if you prefer, approaching by car to the parking lot and one hour uphill walk.
- If interested in other more specific proposals, but less "our" as horse trekking, mountain biking, motor cross and archery courses, we put guests in contact with external vendor, on request.
FOOD AND WINE:
- Cooking classes*, practical (on the job) and personalized to the needs of our guests, (which after the first dinner can choose which dishes want to learn), managed directly by our cooks in our kitchen of the agriturismo, especially on various pizzas, homemade pasta (scialatelli and cavatelli) and sweets with biological hazelnuts (caramelized hazelnuts, fruit tarts, cake "negrella" with chocolate and hazelnuts).
- Special evenings with barbecues* by the pool, with music and lights, or with rustic bread and pizza, that is kneaded and cooked with our guests in the old wood stove.
- Wine and food tasting tours, with visits to manufacturers, near the agriturismo, of mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, wine (Aglianico and Falanghina, especially) and ice cream, which are the products of excellence in the Salerno area!
* Payment services, follow the link: http://www.agrinegri.it/index.php?l=en&c=listino#
The agriturismo, surrounded by the green park that offers relaxation and pure nature, is, however, in a strategic position (just 2.5 km from the highway SA / AV) to reach within a few minutes, the landscape, artistic and archaeological site, the most beautiful and famous of the entire Campania region: - in 8 minutes, the historic center of Salerno, a real pleasant surprise (because still little known), with the beautiful Romanesque cathedral of S Matthew, the amazing Arechi Castle and the Museum of the Ancient School of Medicine, the first in Europe (c. sec . IX), with an adjoined the botanical garden of medicinal plants, now Minerva Park. From November to January all across Salerno are the endless lights called " lighting artist", a show not to be missed!
- in 15 minutes, the Amalfi Coast, the divine coast, with Amalfi, Ravello and Positano (reachable, as well in the car, as in the ship, departing from Salerno or even with sailing boats, of which we can organize on request, the charter)
- in 25 minutes, Pompeii and Herculaneum, the Roman cities buried c. 2,000 ago by Vesuvius: after the visit to the archaeological sites, you can continue to drive until the middle of the volcano and then on foot, in 25 minutes, you get up on the edge of the crater, a thrilling spectacle.
- in 35 minutes, Naples, the capital of Southern Europe in the nineteenth, an extraordinarily beautiful city, rich in history and art, with the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, a crown of the gulf.
- in 45 minutes, Paestum, with its Greek temples, one of the most beautiful sites of Southern Italy.
Up to 40
I think the 3 most important things to look for when finding somewhere to stay on holiday are location, food and people. You get 5 stars for all 3. But it was the people (including the other guests) who made it really fantastic for us. Everyone was so welcoming, friendly and helpful and so keen to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The sort of informal atmosphere created is very intimate and special: it cannot be achieved by large hotels or indeed by many places of your size. Everything was just as we had hoped it would be (although the weather could have been a bit warmer!)
We stayed in the property for two nights on the very first days of January this year.
The first feeling we had was to feel at home: Monica and Gianni are absolutely delicious, sincerely kind and friendly enough to make us feel at ease immediately.
We were hosted in a studio apartment, located in the "Baronale Monica Manor", very characteristic, well heated and very convenient for couples with children.
In the morning, the abundant and varied breakfast prepares you well to visit the many sites that, in a short time, can be reached from the farm: Salerno, Amalfi Coast, Herculaneum etc..
Do not miss the opportunity to taste the excellent typical dishes that Monica and the ladies in the kitchen prepare with skill.
Without a shadow of a doubt we highly recommend it.
(Translated with DeepL Translate)
We were for the immaculate ... 8/9 beautiful structure ... excellent cuisine .... to nn talk about the hospitality of Monica and Gianni and all their staff .... At the end of the car nn started and have been activated to help us find a mechanic .... to return ... recommended go there experience positivissima
(Translated with DeepL Translate)
The telephone number is: