Via Subia 15, Gaiano 84084 Fisciano (Salerno)
A stone’s throw from the Amalfi and Cilento coasts, in an area rich in beauty, culture and archaeology, the baronial Negri family owns an old estate in Gaiano Fisciano, near the 19th century main building and around the farmhouse, “La Corte”, nestled in the Irno Park.
Monica, the only daughter of Baron Antonio Negri, has transformed the family estate into a charming organic agriturismo, in memory of her father, allowing all guests to enjoy the enchantment and ancient flavours of this corner of paradise, that reminds her of summer holidays from when she was a child.
The ancient hazelnut, chestnut and walnut woods, with old vines, create an immense green backdrop for the agriturismo and its friendly hospitality.
The rooms, furnished with extreme attention to detail, feature the comfort inherent to an agriturismo and enjoy views over the valley or the garden, to enjoy a completely relaxing stay.
The “Pannatone” room is a homely restaurant with rustic details and a hearth. Guests can enjoy delicious homemade breakfasts with traditional recipes for lunch and dinner, with authentic, familiar flavours. There are outdoor areas for children to play in.
The garden features a swimming pool and a Finnish sauna with adjoining Turkish bath reserved for guests, creating a special atmosphere in the evenings. The same area is used as a barbecue on summer evenings with music and a refreshment for cocktails or aperitifs.
The food is based on traditions from the family and the local area. Most of the produce comes from the farming business and the recipes are authentic Campania-style, with specialties such as lasagne with vegetables, ricotta ravioli, mushroom pâté and wild boar, prepared with herbs and enriched with tasty side dishes.
La Dolceria dessert area is the tastiest: biscuits with hazelnuts to add that finishing touch to a meal are baked here, and can be purchased in packs for a sweet memory and thoughtful gift for family and friends. Products such as cakes, doughnuts, mostaccioli, croccante and rococò are stylish traditional gift from Campania.
All you can do in our agriturismo and in the surroundings, we split, for convenience, into subject areas, so that our guests identify more easily what they are interested in:
- Guided tour of the agriturismo* and the farm adjoined (12 acres), with illustration of the natural cycle of the products and the harvest, depending of the season, from the garden to the hazelnut forest (8 hectares, about 7,000 plants of Tonda di Giffoni IGP hazelnut), from fruit trees to chestnuts and walnuts, from the vineyard to the olive tree grove, then the vast garden, full of flowers (by jasmine, extended on entire walls, to Pelargonium, with the leaves scented, from the geraniums to the daisies, from the hydrangeas to medinilla, from plumbago to the fat plants).
- Feeding* and petting our beloved animals, enjoyed especially by the children, the donkey Serafina, the deers, goats, ducks and chickens (even collecting the fresh eggs!) and bringing lots of carrots to the bunnies.
- Walks in the woods of the farm, searching for the mushrooms, delighted by the wild pink cyclame.
- Walks in the natural park Frassineto, two kilometers away from the agriturismo (passable by car), where there are clearly marked paths (very easy) and hiking (moderate slope), with a 'large play area for children and a picnic area with barbecues; ideal for hiking and jogging (in one of the paths, long 3 kilometers, you find, any 150 meters, wooden tools for fitness, to combine with the jogging and fitness).
- Hiking in the hills, between chestnut and hazelnut trees, and on the mountains of the Valley of Irno, particularly on Mount St. Michael, Mt. 1600, a three-hour walk or, if you prefer, approaching by car to the parking lot and one hour uphill walk.
- If interested in other more specific proposals, but less "our" as horse trekking, mountain biking, motor cross and archery courses, we put guests in contact with external vendor, on request.
FOOD AND WINE:
- Cooking classes*, practical (on the job) and personalized to the needs of our guests, (which after the first dinner can choose which dishes want to learn), managed directly by our cooks in our kitchen of the agriturismo, especially on various pizzas, homemade pasta (scialatelli and cavatelli) and sweets with biological hazelnuts (caramelized hazelnuts, fruit tarts, cake "negrella" with chocolate and hazelnuts).
- Special evenings with barbecues* by the pool, with music and lights, or with rustic bread and pizza, that is kneaded and cooked with our guests in the old wood stove.
- Wine and food tasting tours, with visits to manufacturers, near the agriturismo, of mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, wine (Aglianico and Falanghina, especially) and ice cream, which are the products of excellence in the Salerno area!
* Payment services, follow the link: https://www.agrinegri.it/index.php?l=en&c=listino#
The agriturismo, surrounded by the green park that offers relaxation and pure nature, is, however, in a strategic position (just 2.5 km from the highway SA / AV) to reach within a few minutes, the landscape, artistic and archaeological site, the most beautiful and famous of the entire Campania region: - in 8 minutes, the historic center of Salerno, a real pleasant surprise (because still little known), with the beautiful Romanesque cathedral of S Matthew, the amazing Arechi Castle and the Museum of the Ancient School of Medicine, the first in Europe (c. sec . IX), with an adjoined the botanical garden of medicinal plants, now Minerva Park. From November to January all across Salerno are the endless lights called " lighting artist", a show not to be missed!
- in 15 minutes, the Amalfi Coast, the divine coast, with Amalfi, Ravello and Positano (reachable, as well in the car, as in the ship, departing from Salerno or even with sailing boats, of which we can organize on request, the charter)
- in 25 minutes, Pompeii and Herculaneum, the Roman cities buried c. 2,000 ago by Vesuvius: after the visit to the archaeological sites, you can continue to drive until the middle of the volcano and then on foot, in 25 minutes, you get up on the edge of the crater, a thrilling spectacle.
- in 35 minutes, Naples, the capital of Southern Europe in the nineteenth, an extraordinarily beautiful city, rich in history and art, with the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, a crown of the gulf.
- in 45 minutes, Paestum, with its Greek temples, one of the most beautiful sites of Southern Italy.
|Board type||Per night||Per W-E (2 Nights)||Per week||The rate indicated is|
|Bed & Breakfast|
We arrived for a short weekend and were greeted with extreme professionalism and dedication, even the owner was very helpful to facilitate us the management of our labrador! Beautiful location, quiet sought after and unique! It seemed to come back in a chambre d 'hotes Normandy! Enchanting !!!
(Translated with Google Translate)
We were in the fall of 2016 for a few days with Monica and Gianni. The property - first in a lovingly furnished farmhouse rooms with views over the beautiful Campania countryside and Mount Vesuvius, and the last three nights right in the same house museum of the baron - was charming and vesetzte us partly in past eras. The hospitality of the two is amazing, as are the staff in the kitchen, which had tried to fulfill every wish! Exciting also the many details of the history and structure of the country, the free with this was the interested travelers - a big, big thank you! We felt like old friends and will gladly come again!
(Translated with Google Translate)
We stayed last August in this wonderful house. The welcome delicious Monica and Gianni good tips were welcome. The appetizers are always fun with explanations and anecdotes. Then the great dinners prepared by cooks 2 the village, you can go in the kitchen and even help prepare the food but also the pool, the garden, the menagerie ...... Fantastic !!!!!
(Translated with Google Translate)