Via Subia 15, Gaiano 84084 Fisciano (Salerno)
A stone’s throw from the Amalfi and Cilento coasts, in an area rich in beauty, culture and archaeology, the baronial Negri family owns an old estate in Gaiano Fisciano, near the 19th century main building and around the farmhouse, “La Corte”, nestled in the Irno Park.
Monica, the only daughter of Baron Antonio Negri, has transformed the family estate into a charming organic agriturismo, in memory of her father, allowing all guests to enjoy the enchantment and ancient flavours of this corner of paradise, that reminds her of summer holidays from when she was a child.
The ancient hazelnut, chestnut and walnut woods, with old vines, create an immense green backdrop for the agriturismo and its friendly hospitality.
The rooms, furnished with extreme attention to detail, feature the comfort inherent to an agriturismo and enjoy views over the valley or the garden, to enjoy a completely relaxing stay.
The “Pannatone” room is a homely restaurant with rustic details and a hearth. Guests can enjoy delicious homemade breakfasts with traditional recipes for lunch and dinner, with authentic, familiar flavours. There are outdoor areas for children to play in.
The garden features a swimming pool and a Finnish sauna with adjoining Turkish bath reserved for guests, creating a special atmosphere in the evenings. The same area is used as a barbecue on summer evenings with music and a refreshment for cocktails or aperitifs.
The food is based on traditions from the family and the local area. Most of the produce comes from the farming business and the recipes are authentic Campania-style, with specialties such as lasagne with vegetables, ricotta ravioli, mushroom pâté and wild boar, prepared with herbs and enriched with tasty side dishes.
La Dolceria dessert area is the tastiest: biscuits with hazelnuts to add that finishing touch to a meal are baked here, and can be purchased in packs for a sweet memory and thoughtful gift for family and friends. Products such as cakes, doughnuts, mostaccioli, croccante and rococò are stylish traditional gift from Campania.
All you can do in our agriturismo and in the surroundings, we split, for convenience, into subject areas, so that our guests identify more easily what they are interested in:
- Guided tour of the agriturismo* and the farm adjoined (12 acres), with illustration of the natural cycle of the products and the harvest, depending of the season, from the garden to the hazelnut forest (8 hectares, about 7,000 plants of Tonda di Giffoni IGP hazelnut), from fruit trees to chestnuts and walnuts, from the vineyard to the olive tree grove, then the vast garden, full of flowers (by jasmine, extended on entire walls, to Pelargonium, with the leaves scented, from the geraniums to the daisies, from the hydrangeas to medinilla, from plumbago to the fat plants).
- Feeding* and petting our beloved animals, enjoyed especially by the children, the donkey Serafina, the deers, goats, ducks and chickens (even collecting the fresh eggs!) and bringing lots of carrots to the bunnies.
- Walks in the woods of the farm, searching for the mushrooms, delighted by the wild pink cyclame.
- Walks in the natural park Frassineto, two kilometers away from the agriturismo (passable by car), where there are clearly marked paths (very easy) and hiking (moderate slope), with a 'large play area for children and a picnic area with barbecues; ideal for hiking and jogging (in one of the paths, long 3 kilometers, you find, any 150 meters, wooden tools for fitness, to combine with the jogging and fitness).
- Hiking in the hills, between chestnut and hazelnut trees, and on the mountains of the Valley of Irno, particularly on Mount St. Michael, Mt. 1600, a three-hour walk or, if you prefer, approaching by car to the parking lot and one hour uphill walk.
- If interested in other more specific proposals, but less "our" as horse trekking, mountain biking, motor cross and archery courses, we put guests in contact with external vendor, on request.
FOOD AND WINE:
- Cooking classes*, practical (on the job) and personalized to the needs of our guests, (which after the first dinner can choose which dishes want to learn), managed directly by our cooks in our kitchen of the agriturismo, especially on various pizzas, homemade pasta (scialatelli and cavatelli) and sweets with biological hazelnuts (caramelized hazelnuts, fruit tarts, cake "negrella" with chocolate and hazelnuts).
- Special evenings with barbecues* by the pool, with music and lights, or with rustic bread and pizza, that is kneaded and cooked with our guests in the old wood stove.
- Wine and food tasting tours, with visits to manufacturers, near the agriturismo, of mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, wine (Aglianico and Falanghina, especially) and ice cream, which are the products of excellence in the Salerno area!
* Payment services, follow the link: http://www.agrinegri.it/index.php?l=en&c=listino#
The agriturismo, surrounded by the green park that offers relaxation and pure nature, is, however, in a strategic position (just 2.5 km from the highway SA / AV) to reach within a few minutes, the landscape, artistic and archaeological site, the most beautiful and famous of the entire Campania region: - in 8 minutes, the historic center of Salerno, a real pleasant surprise (because still little known), with the beautiful Romanesque cathedral of S Matthew, the amazing Arechi Castle and the Museum of the Ancient School of Medicine, the first in Europe (c. sec . IX), with an adjoined the botanical garden of medicinal plants, now Minerva Park. From November to January all across Salerno are the endless lights called " lighting artist", a show not to be missed!
- in 15 minutes, the Amalfi Coast, the divine coast, with Amalfi, Ravello and Positano (reachable, as well in the car, as in the ship, departing from Salerno or even with sailing boats, of which we can organize on request, the charter)
- in 25 minutes, Pompeii and Herculaneum, the Roman cities buried c. 2,000 ago by Vesuvius: after the visit to the archaeological sites, you can continue to drive until the middle of the volcano and then on foot, in 25 minutes, you get up on the edge of the crater, a thrilling spectacle.
- in 35 minutes, Naples, the capital of Southern Europe in the nineteenth, an extraordinarily beautiful city, rich in history and art, with the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, a crown of the gulf.
- in 45 minutes, Paestum, with its Greek temples, one of the most beautiful sites of Southern Italy.
Up to 40
We spent five unforgettable days at Agriturismo Biologico Barone Antonio Negri and we highly recommend others to visit this fantastic place.
The staff and owners are very positive, friendly and helpfull - we immediately felt at home.
Lying on the mountain side overlooking the Vesuvius there is a stunning view. The rooms and common areas are decorated in very tasteful and personal style.The surrounding garden constantly surprises with botanical diversity and well arranged oases - its a romantic paradise you simply have to explore.
Every morning over breakfast we got suggestions for that to see or visit - well described and adjusted to weather, weekdays, traffic ect. This gave us some unique experiences that we could not have planned ourselves.
The agriturismo is situated in the small village Gaiano - it a very authentic quiet place, don't miss too visit the plaza.
It is a perfect location for exploring the beautifull Amalfi coast and surroundings, but the highlight of our day was returning to the Negri residence to have a delicious evening meal! The food is made with local or homegrown, biological ingredients of high quality - so even the most simple dish is a bite of heaven.
Every time new guest arrive there is a small celebration where the owners and "old guest" participate. In the cosy dinning room tastefully food and wine is served with a smile - and the conversation flow easy. By the end of our stay we felt like a part of a big family.
This place hits all five-star luxury hotels. Along the coast of Salerno and Amalfi, a splendid place maintained by the Negri family in the middle of the most beautiful natural setting. Its stunning landscapes on the mountainside can breathe. A paradise for families with donkeys, goats, ducks, chicken and bunnies. The chef's cheerful local chefs awaken the tasty meals of local delicacies and the deliciousness of your own garden. We've been to this place many times since 2009, and last time in Easter 2018. A place that is impressive every time with its diversity. Getting to the place is always as easy, but getting there is difficult. You are great for the whole crew! Martin and Päivi Stubbe
(Translated with Google Translate)
For years I know and appreciate the owner very much, finally I was able to stay in his "kingdom" and be his guest in December. The sympathy and warmth of the reception, by all the staff and owners, characterize this farm, which offers beautiful rooms with private bathroom, well furnished, equipped with all comforts. The kitchen, of the territory, truly exceptional! Last but not least, in order of importance, I recommend the pleasant visit to the animals housed in the farm, which live in ideal conditions
(Translated with Google Translate)