Via dell'Argomenna, 36, Acone 50065 Pontassieve (Florence) Code
The farmhouse 'Il Giardino&Villa' is located in the valley of Chianti Rufina, only 25 km away from Florence. Over the years the owner family has created two complementary structures, the Agriturismo and the Villa. Inside the Agriturismo guests will find 6 independent apartments, the restaurant, the swimming pool, the educational farm and the riding school. Villa Casalta is composed of 4 apartments: Orciaia, Loggiato, Fienile and Contadino. It enjoys breathtaking views from the pool terrace.
The apartments can be rented separately or by taking the exclusive use of the Villa. Possibility of cooking classes, jeep tours, visits to the wineries and the oil mill, educational farm , riding lessons and walks. Do not miss the novelty of this season: the NATURE ROUTE!
The farm is divided into 2 structures, Agriturismo il Giardino and Villa Casalta. All theapartments have been renovated and furnished respecting the characteristics of the old rural farmhouses; they also have their own outdoor space, garden or terrace, sun umbrella, chairs and table, independent entrance and private parking.
Villa Casalta, in its 4 apartments, can accommodate up to 14 people (plus 7 extra beds).
Agriturismo il Giardino consists of 6 apartments of various sizes, from 2 to 11 people, for a total of 31 beds (plus 7 extra beds).
The Farmhouse has the reception, the swimming pool, the panoramic terrace with the Chalet open on weekends for the Aperitif, the restaurant, the Didactic Farm, the riding school and the nature trail!
Both the swimming pool of the Villa and that of the Agriturismo are immersed in a garden of olive trees and equipped with a solarium area with sun beds, deckchairs and umbrellas.
Therestaurant"Gabrio's Tavern". is surrounded by walls of 1400 and has a loggia for lunches and dinners outdoors. The location is also particularly suitable for hosting events or ceremonies.
The kitchen offers breakfast every day and different typical Tuscan menus for lunch and dinner during the week, except on Mondays and Thursdays - closing day (breakfast service always available.) For lunch there is an a la carte menu in light lunch formula; in the evening for dinner there are theme nights organized by us.
On Saturday and Sunday lunch, the restaurant offers the "Farmer's Day" with a set menu and farm education: tractor ride, visit to the animals, saddle christening and finally a ride on the mini caravan pulled by our pony.
In the farm shop all our products are available for purchase.
Guests have at their disposal a wide range of services:
- Didactic Farm:children can learn more about farmyard animals and come into contact with them. The Didactic Farm is open every day: your children will be free to go and visit the animals and at 10.30 a.m. they can feed them with a person of our staff.
- Farmer's Day: children can reach the stables with the old tractor of the farm, get to know the horses through the "Baptism of the Saddle" and take a ride in a buggy pulled by our pony.
- Riding lessons adapted to everyone's needs: children, beginners, experienced riders... everyone will learn something and have fun. The instructors know the horses so well that they will be able to entrust you with the most suitable animal for your character and training.
- Horseback riding, to see new landscapes and experience a unique emotion
- Percosi Trekking, discover the paths immersed in nature marked and easy to follow
- Jeeptour to discover the animals to get to the top of Montegiovi (992 meters) where you can admire the historic city of Florence. Afterwards will be served a tasty aperitif set on the hood of our off-road "DEFENDER-110" 9 seats.
- Nature Trail: New this year is the new Nature Trail where you can accompany your children in a path traced in the midst of our animal friends.
- Cooking Course: discovering the Florentine culinary traditions, the program includes a typical Tuscan menu. At the end of the course participants and their families can have lunch with what has been cooked.
- Visit to the oil mill: from the olive to the oil: you will learn about the whole production process, from harvesting to pressing, up to the famous Tuscan "bruschetta" (available from 15/10 to 15/12).
- Visit to the wine cellars of the area, to taste the famous Chianti Rufina.(Jeep 9 seats available).
- Transfer to railway stations and airports.
Nearby: fishing lake, tennis court, five-a-side football field, fashion outlets, art museums and, by train, in only 20 minutes you can reach Florence.
Inform the agriturismo of any animals at the time of booking.
Owners will be held responsible for damage to property and persons.
Please to meet you, my name is Gabrio and I am 41 years old.
I have been managing Il Giardino since 2012 along with my family.
As well as we cook for the guests, we welcome the guests, we rear the animals.
I decided to manage an agriturismo because to keep the family business alive
Our guests' favourite thing about Il Giardino is the food.