Via di Galiga, 20 - Loc. Doccia, 50065 Pontassieve (Florence)
Imagine being immersed in an uncontaminated nature in Tuscany. In front of you harmony, beauty, hills of vines and olive trees, Sky-high cypresses, elegant renaissance villas, medieval towers and churches, in the middle of an authentic Italian countryside. Podere le Pialle is at 20 km from Florence.
Our farm house is very small, but if you wish to find the atmosphere of an old countryside cottage, visit us, the panorama is beautiful and we can offer you a rare commodity… Silence.
Come and visit the farm house “Podere Le Pialle”: what awaits you is a warm and honest welcome that will make you feel immediately at home. You can lodge in renovated rooms or apartments equipped with all comfort and if you wish you can eat with us.
Guests can lodge in a room for 2/4 people, with bathrooms, or an apartment composed of bedroom, bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, for 2/4 people.
The farm offers the service of free Wi-Fi, in the rooms and in the garden.
- Farm Didactics -learning about the farm animals: horses, ponies, rabbits, hens, gooses, pigeons.
- Trekking on foot and with mountain bikes following the C.A.I. (Italian Alpine Club) routes.
- In the vicinity there're fishing lake and swimming pool.
- During November Olive picking, crushing and tasting of the new olive oil with “fettunta”
(typical Tuscan snack).
Excursion from “Podere le Pialle”:
Due its particular geographic position it’s possible to do daily trips:
- Florence with its numerous works of art.
- Wine route "Chianti Rufina & Pomino", with visit to the secular castle cellars (booking required) followed by wine tasting.
- All the antic famous town of Tuscany: Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Arezzo, Pistoia.
- Nature park in “Poggio Ripaghera” at Santa Brigida (Protected Nature Park).
- Villa Poggio Reale in Rufina.
- Etruscan archeological site at Frascole.
- The sanctuary at Madonna del Sasso.
- Parishes and churches in the Florentine Mountains containing unique works of art.
- Vicchio di Mugello and the birth place of Giotto.
- The Mugello, the origin of the Medici Family.
- The lake of Bilancino.
- Shopping - Outlets and local handicrafts.
Inform the agriturismo of any animals at the time of booking.
Owners will be held responsible for damage to property and persons.
Up to 12
Set menu + À la carte
Hi, my name is Franco and I am 50 years old.
Here I am with my wife, Gabriella
I have been doing this job for 13 years along with my wife.
We take care of: we cook for the guests, we take care of the crops, we rear the animals.
It was a desire to to pursue a passion which led me to run an agriturismo.
Our guests especially like the food.
The telephone number is: