Via S. Lucia, 5 -, Poggio Mirteto 02047 Poggio Mirteto (Rieti)
The farmhouse lies on the gentle slopes of the hills surrounding Poggio Mirteto, a charming village in the Valle del Farfa on the borders of Umbria and Abruzzo, a mere stone’s throw from Rome. It is an ancient country farmhouse nestling among olive trees, vineyards and fruit trees, surrounded by brightly-coloured flowers, aromatic herbs, and a splendid vegetable garden which provides highly-scented and tasty vegetables at all seasons. The farmhouse has four comfortable rooms furnished with taste and simplicity, a large airy living room with a fireplace and a glass window which overlooks a marvellous garden surrounded by cypress and mimosa trees, marigolds and rosemary bushes and offers a panoramic view over the surrounding area. The cuisine which is offered is prepared directly by the owners with products from the farm and neighbouring lands, and aspires to be an embodiment of freshness and flavour, using natural products and a pinch of creativity.
The farmhouse offers its guests 4 comfortable rooms, located on the first floor, fitted with every possible convenience, and with a splendid view over the surrounding countryside.
The rooms are spacious and airy, with rustic arte povera furniture that reflects the simplicity of rural life. Each room has its own heating system, bathroom, satellite TV, hairdryer and complimentary toiletries. The attention to detail can be seen not only in the furnishings, but also in the choice of high-quality bed-linen, soft bathroom towels, hand-painted tiles, and natural hand-made soaps produced here in the Sabine area.
When guests wake in the morning, the scents, sounds and colours of nature offer incomparably revitalising sensations which, according to the season, vary in beauty and quality. For this reason, the rooms, each one different from the others, have been given the names of the wild herbs which grow most profusely around the holiday farm: Gramigna, Asparagina, Mentuccia and Pimpinella.
Services included: breakfast, water, heating, electricity, room cleaning daily, change of linen every 2 days, satellite television, bathroom with shower or bathtub, complimentary toiletries and use of common areas.
Services on request: fresh fruit in season, breakfast served in room, candlelight dinner served in room, bottles of wine, relaxing massage in room, laundry service, wake-up call.
The Sabina is a land where history and nature interweave in harmony, a place far from mass tourism and close to a form of hospitality that is still spontaneous. Only 40 km from Rome, Sabina can be reached easily by car or train, and is an area that bewitches and captivates the mind and senses of those who know it. For here it is possible to walk through medieval villages like Casperia, Roccantica, Toffia, or visit Roman churches, Renaissance castles and Benedictine abbeys like that of Farfa, or even lose oneself among the verdant woods of Monte Tancia, the streams and evocative sunsets of Mount Soratte, and rediscover, without even realising it, the meaning of every little gesture.
At the farmhouse you can:
- Follow the path which winds through the fields, revelling in the experience of an early morning run among olive and fruit trees;
- Lay a rug on the grass together with an old-style picnic basket containing all the essentials for an enjoyable light breakfast;
- Go for walks in the countryside, and gather meadow flowers, or pick wild fruit like blackberries, sour cherries, figs and wild asparagus;
- Read a good book while lying in a hammock, listening to the sounds which nature freely offers us;
- Sip a cool aperitif beneath the lime tree, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere:
- Taste a glass of good wine, while nibbling at cheeses, flat bread focacce, and typical products from the Sabina area;
- Play ping-pong for fun;
- Follow a Yoga Lesson in the open air or in front of the fireplace to rediscover the harmony existing between body and mind, and see what it means to be in tune with themselves, or else enjoy a relaxing massage with essential oils to loosen the tensions built up by stress in their thoughts and muscle tissues;
- Hire a bicycle and follow one of the numerous itineraries recommended for riding through the Lower Sabina area;
- Sign up for the guided visits that the farmhouse offers to the main Medieval villages, museums or abbeys, or be driven by car and instinct, with no planned destination, simply enjoying the landscape and the beauty of a journey undertaken in total freedom.
Activities outside the farm grounds: In the range of only a few kilometres, there are facilities that offer all kinds of activities, with which the farmhouse has an arrangement: Sports club with swimming pool and tennis courts, Wellbeing centre, Horse-riding, Free climbing, Trekking, Sport fishing, Outings to wine-growing farms.
Inform the agriturismo of any animals at the time of booking.
Owners will be held responsible for damage to property and persons.
Up to 70
The telephone number is: