Strada Provinciale Verentana, 01010 Capodimonte (Viterbo)
A stone's throw from the stunning town of Capodimonte, in the Alta Tuscia on the slopes of MountBisenzio, in a region marked by the Etruscan civilisation on the shores of Lake Bolsena, you’ll find Agriturismo Bisenzio. This family-run agriturismo takes a stable, durable, healthy approach, with a love and a sense of belonging passed down through the generations.
Breakfast provides an unmissable opportunity to sample homemade ciambelloni or baked tarts and jams made with the agriturismo's own fruit. The restaurant serves delicious typical cuisine, and the wonderful thin and crispy house pizza.
The agriturismo offers 2 apartments, 9 rooms and a large TV room, perfect for recreation and relaxing. The large, scenic balcony offers beautiful views of the surrounding nature and the Capodimonte headland, at the edge of the lake.
Every guest room has its own private bathroom and TV.
Il Bisenzio: a double room with scenic views of the vineyard and vegetable garden, with a large TV lounge and the option to add extra children’s beds.
La Rocca: a double room overlooking the vines, with a large TV lounge for recreation and relaxation. Additional single beds may be added.
Le Pioppe: a double room with scenic views of the wheat field, with a large lounge for watching TV or other activities, shared with other rooms.
La Porticella: a single room with balcony, with a large lounge for watching TV or playing board games, shared with other rooms.
La Mergonara: a triple room with stunning views of the vines; option to add single beds.
La Pontonata: a double room with scenic views of the vineyard and a spacious veranda with outdoor kitchen; option to add single beds.
La Piroga: a double room with a spacious veranda with outdoor kitchen; option to add single beds.
La Bisentina: a double room with views of the orchard and a spacious veranda with outdoor kitchen; option to add children’s beds.
La Cascina: a double room with a large veranda for enjoying the surrounding nature.
The 35 m2 apartments - Punta San Bernardino and Palazzo Borghese (also suitable for disabled guests) – are on the ground floor, and both comprise a TV, private bathroom, double bedroom/lounge, kitchenette and spacious veranda.
Capodimonte overlooks Lake Bolsena, Europe’s largest volcanic lake. Its two islands, Bisentina e Martana, are accessible by ferry from the harbour.
The town is ideally located for exploring other wonderful places, just a few kilometres away:
- Viterbo, City of Popes: with its medieval centre intact and the picturesque district of S. Pellegrino. Be sure to visit Piazza San Lorenzo and the Colle del Duomo monuments (Palace of the Popes, San Lorenzo Cathedral and the museum). Viterbo is famous for the Transporting of the “Macchina di Santa Rosa”, its patron saint: on 3 September a 30 metre bell tower is carried on the shoulders of over 100 porters through admiring crowds.
The city is also home to an ancient spa centre, mentioned by Dante Alighieri in the Divine Comedy:the Bullicame hot springs reach 58oC and boast excellent healing qualities.
- Bomarzo "The Park of the Monsters": dating way back, the park is home to bizarre and grotesque sculptures, including some outstanding work by Vicino Orsini.
- Bagnaia: known for its sixteenth-century Villa Lante, said to have been designed by Vignola, with its two symmetrical buildings, Italian garden and the imaginative play of the waters, considered one of the most significant creations of the late Italian Renaissance.
- Tuscania and Tarquinia: the biggest Etruscan cities, where numerous finds are now on display at the National Archaeological Museum of Tuscania and the National Museum of Tarquinia.
- Civita di Bagnoreggio: the "Dying City" overlooks the Valle dei Calanchi, offering some of Italy’s most spectacular and unique landscape. The hamlet, now home to just a few dozen people, is only accessible via a footbridge. A fascinating, almost surreal place.
Other must-visits include Orvieto, Pitigliano, Sorano and Sovana.
Inform the agriturismo of any animals at the time of booking.
Owners will be held responsible for damage to property and persons.
Up to 70
Set menu + └ la carte
The telephone number is:
The fax is: