via santa brigida 9, Santa Brigida 50065 Pontassieve (Florence)
Castello del Trebbio was built as a fortress in the twelfth century for the Pazzi family. In the fifteenth century ownership transferred to the Medici family who converted it into a villa. The current family purchased it in 1968 and have restored it respecting its history. The estate comprises about 60 hectares of grapes, 10.000 olive trees and native forest, a total of 350 hectares. A tour of the castle and the old wine cellars with wine and olive oil tasting is possible for groups with reservation.
Olive groves and grape vines surround the villa Panicale situated on the Castello del Trebbio estate. The villa is divided into three separate apartments complete with their own patio, private garden and swimming-pool. They provide a great way to experience the relaxed Tuscan country while being close enough to Florence to pop in and explore the city.
- PANICALE A (Sleeps: 7): 2 Double, 1 bunk, 1 single, 1 bathroom 1 shower room, big kitchen with fire place, living and dining room, private garden and patio area, central heating, extra room. A wrought iron and glass door reminiscent of the castle gate opens to an entrance room with a cloak room to one side. Round the corner a large modern kitchen and cosy original brick fire make cooking a pleasure. The dining area straddles the space between the kitchen and the lounge room, taking advantage of the warmth of the fire and the views from the lounge windows. The books lining the lounge shelves are perfect for winter evenings curled up in front of the fire or for summer days lazing on the patio. The extra room can be used as fitness room (we can arrange an exercise bike). There are many tracks leading from the villa to the lake or the local village through olive groves and grape vines for running or walking. The 3 bedrooms are on separate levels upstairs so maximum privacy is achieved. The bedrooms are simply decorated in a country theme, with a focus on comfort.
The owners once lived in this part of the villa so the bathrooms and kitchen contain all the modern appliances. Central heating and a fire in the dining area makes this villa perfect winter retreat.
Windows along three sides of the villa offer views over the grape vines. The windows on the third side look out on to the private patio with its grand walnut tree.
- PANICALE B (Sleeps: 4): 2 Double, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, private garden and patio area, central heating. The middle apartment in the villa Panicale has just been restored. Central heating and modern bathroom fittings and kitchen applicances make your stay a pleasure in summer or winter.
Both double bedrooms have their own bathrooms and are on different levels to ensure privacy. The lounge room opens out amongst the chestnut trees of the private garden. In the cool summer evenings the sunset streaks golden over the vineyard and the patio is the perfect place to sip Castello del Trebbio's dessert wine, Vin Santo while pondering the next day's adventure.
- PANICALE C (Sleeps: 4): 1 Double, 1 twin, 1 shower room, kitchen, living room, private garden and patio area, central heating. The owners have shown their flair for design in this apartment. Renovated this two years ago, it reflects modern Italian styling with clean lines and crisp vivid colours. A fresh green fig coloured kitchen glistens with stainless steel appliances. Outside the yellow and white striped patio furniture invites a lingering lunch. Indeed in late summer the fig tree on the patio is loaded with fruit, helping to stretch lunch into dinner time. This apartment has two bedrooms. The double bedroom on the lower level is light and airy. The single room is on a level three steps up on one side of part of the lounge area.
- IL RIFUGIO (Sleeps: 4): 1 Double, 1 bunk, 1 bathroom, kitchen, dining room, patio area, central heating. This house sits amongst the wilderness of country life, providing many opportunities for exploration and an opportunity to experience the real life. Below it is the farm storage shed. Nearby an old villa lies in ruins waiting to be restored. Wild fruit trees, with their knarled trunks surround the villa. In winter a mist settles like a halo on the roof. Inside a treasure awaits. The large open plan lounge and dining room area has been painted a soft white, contrasting against the dark milanese antique furniture. The double room is spacious and elegant while the bunk room is in sturdy pine, perfect for children.
- ARCO ANTICO (Sleeps: 6): 1 Double, 2 twin, 1 bathroom,1 shower room, kitchen, large shared patio area, central heating. This cosy west facing apartment has been constructed on many levels, to maximise the views over the olive groves.
The special feature of this appartment is the large terracotta tiled patio overlooking part of the olive groves and beyond into the steep hills covered in native forrest. The sun bathed patio is a perfect place to eat breakfast. While lunch can be enjoyed lower down the hill under the shade of a large fig tree.
The Villa Faltignano is situated on a hill overlooking the medieval Castello del Trebbio. In a style that is both rustic and luxurious, it offers a high standard of comfort and relaxation for up to 14 people.
From its private parking area, our guests will enter through the garden into the main entrance. On the ground floor they will find a modern, furnished kitchen, dining room and living room with satellite TV. The patio, which is beautiful for outdoor meals, can be accessed directly from the kitchen. There are also two rooms that share a bathroom located on the ground floor. Upstairs, our guests will have five beautiful bedrooms. Each room has either a double or twin bed with a private adjoining bathroom.
Our landlord, Miss Anna, has combined both traditional and modern design in furnishing the Villa Faltignano. Each bedroom carries the name of a local flower and is coordinated in colour with its private bathroom.
The Villa Faltignano has been constructed in such a way that each guest can enjoy his privacy; yet enjoy spending time with friends and family in the common areas. Therefore, the Villa Faltignano is rented out to friends and families as well as groups who like to spend joyful and relaxing days together.
How to reach us:
- If you arrive from Roma of from Bologna: Take motorway A1 in direction of FLORENCE and get off at FIRENZE SUD. After the pay toll, continue strait until the end of the road and only at the traffic lights turn right taking the road SS 69 Aretina direction Pontassieve.
After about 8 km, at the town SIECI, by the first traffic light turn left, following for CASTELLO DEL TREBBIO / S.BRIGIDA.
After turning in Sieci keep going up, for around 6km, always following direction S.BRIGIDA.
You will see the Castle direct on the road, before arriving in S.Brigida. The reception is in the wine shop, 20 mt. after the Castle, on the left.
Inform the agriturismo of any animals at the time of booking.
└ la carte
Excellent both the welcome and the accommodation reserved for us, unparalleled the exciting visit of the castle and the cellars. Ideal place to combine a stay in the beautiful Tuscan countryside and a visit to the nearby cities of art, especially Florence. Thanks for everything.
Giuseppe and Rossella Massarelli
(Translated with DeepL Translate)
My wife and I stayed for the first time at Castello del Trebbio. Too bad to have only the days of the bridge, it's a beautiful place, we wanted to stay longer. The B farmhouse in which we stayed is very comfortable, surrounded by a wonderful landscape, surrounded by peace. The visit to the Castle of the owners with the final tasting of the wines of their historic cellar was a pleasant experience. The breakfast basket at home and the evening at the restaurant at the castle with tasting menu have made relaxing and complete our short holiday. We were well recommended by the staff for all needs and the visit to Florence, with a 15-minute train ride from Sieci, allowed us to see the beautiful exhibition on the "Cinquecento" to which we kept, without stress. We are sorry to leave, we will try to come back with more days and visit the surroundings, it must be nice in every season.
(Translated with Google Translate)
My wife and I stayed there at least 4-5 times. Castle in the countryside, heavenly place of yesteryear. With the welcome of the legendary Alberto, you feel at home. I highly recommend it.
(Translated with Google Translate)
Hi, I am Famiglia Casadei/Baj Macario and I am 51 years old.
This is me and my family, anna, stefano, laura, elena, lorenzo
I have been managing Castello del Trebbio since 1970 with my family.
As well as we welcome the guests, we are responsible for communication, we take care of the crops.
It was a desire to to pursue a passion which led me to run an agriturismo.
Our guests especially like the location.
The telephone number is:
The fax is: