Via Raibolini Il Francia, 55, 40069 Zola Predosa (Bologna)
The Gaggioli family, not only dedicates itself to the wine production, but also to a modern agriturismo immersed in the greenery of a hill a few minutes by car from Bologna. There are Twelve beds in both double and single rooms. Moreover, a big kitchen is at the disposal of banquets, parties and company lunches with traditional.
Grown during the years around the ancient small group of houses behind the ancient castle of Zola, the agriturismo is placed on the farm 'Bagazzana': formerly in possession of the Nonantola Abbey monks who, circa 1000 A.D., used to get the best wine for their tables there.
In 1250 the free commune of Bologna decided that the 'Wine Road' would have passed through these hills. So it became possible to bring safely into the city the grapes entrusted to the Brentatori corporation. The harmonious and natural landscape that during the Renaissance inspired Francesco Francia, the goldsmith and painter originating from these lands, has been kept intact up to now. This has been possible thanks to the work of generations of farmers and wine-growers, capable of enhancing the products and customs of the territory, such as wines, vegetables, fruits, meat and bakery products that are at the base of the area typical and genuine cooking.
The Gaggioli family, who has been working these lands for nearly forty years, not only dedicates itself to the wine production, but also to a modern agriturismo immersed in the greenery of a hill a few minutes by car from Bologna and the main motorways.
The agriturismo has 5 double rooms (one is equipped for disabled people) and 2 single rooms. Every room has a private bathroom and a shower. All the rooms are soundproof and equipped with autonomous heating and air conditioning systems, LCD Tv Color, direct telephone, internet connection, minibar, hairdryer and safe.
The agriturismo is also a little and refined restaurant, where you can find both traditional and innovative menus.
In the internal room there are more or less 35 seats and, during the spring and summer, in the near garden there are 50 seats. Every week the menu offers a particular course. It is possible to eat à la carte or you can choose the "tasting menu": a complete meal (a rich starter, 2 main courses, one second course, side dishes and desserts) together with a tasting of a particular wine of our company for every single course.
On particular dates, it's possible to organize dinners, lunches, buffets and ceremonies, choosing the menu and wines that you prefer.
The agriturismo represents the ideal base for excursions on foot (CAI paths and naturalistic itineraries), by horse, motorbike and mountain bike.
Thanks also to the indications of the near IAT office, you can reach by car or with the local train the most famous touristic destinations, all the regional art cities, the Adriatic coast, the near golf fields, or you can go through the thematic itineraries related to motors, food and drink, art, thermal waters and nature.
- Themed evenings with ancient traditional bologna courses cooked in an innovative way.
- Guided wine tasting (min 10 people).
- bolognese cooking courses (max 10 people).
- painting courses, on reservation (min 5 people).
- mini-conferences about the historical events of the past, the landscape and the traditions of the territory of Zola Predosa.
- visits to museums and to the historical villas in the surroundings.
- visits of the area surrounding the farm, on foot or by mountain bike.
- walks through our vineyards and woods, which are situated in an area of wildlife restocking.
- observation and considerations about the vegetation typical of hilly areas (beeches, locust trees, mulberries, olive trees, brooms, etc.) and its fauna (pheasants, partridges, jays, hawks, finches; fallow deers, badgers and wild boars).
Up to 42
Set menu + └ la carte
The telephone number is:
The fax is: