Loc. Le Ceregne, 76, 52036 Pieve Santo Stefano (Arezzo)
In Tuscany’s green Tiber Valley, near Arezzo, the agriturismo enjoys stunning views of Lake Montedoglio, part of a family run organic farm producing wine, extra virgin olive oil, vegetables, fruit, jam and eggs and rearing barnyard animals.
Offering farmhouse accommodation for comfortable stays, you can choose accommodation only, or opt for breakfast and/or dinner too, with a weekly activity programme to discover what the local area has to offer.
You will be welcomed to the agriturismo by Giada and her family, to live the rural life 2.0, in a place where the best of the past has been brought into the future.
Giada inherited a farm and a lifestyle:when she began the renovation of her grandfather's farm, Giada wanted to combine aspects of the rural lifestyle with the “healthy” technology of the modern era, not seeing tradition as something nostalgic and modernisation as a loss of values, but using good technology to improve the quality of her life and tradition to remember where she came from.
The combination of innovation and tradition is at the very heart of the agriturismo:photovoltaic panels and organic farming, iPads and free-range hens, irrigation using recycled rainwater and fresh produce from the vegetable garden, energy saving and picking wild fruit, WiFi and healthy cuisine.
This led the farm to win the 2013 Green Tuscany Oscar, recognised as one of the best Italian providers of zero impact, sustainable tourism.
The three stylishly renovated farmhouses benefit from communal courtyards and open space, and verandas with wooden beams and exposed terracotta for relaxing on summer days, surrounded by flower-filled gardens, well-maintained lawns and 60 hectares of land.
You'll find rooms and apartments with all the latest home comforts and traditional furnishings reminiscent of the rural culture, based on a sustainable design and creative recycling, bringing new life to simple country items.The apartments feature terracotta paving and Tuscan stone, with exposed wooden beams to the ceiling and well-equipped kitchens with crockery, electric ovens and fridge-freezers, while the rooms offer private bathrooms and kitchenettes, ideal for couples with small children.
All rooms and apartments enjoy their own private outdoor space, shaded and equipped with table and chairs, sunbeds and barbecues, perfect for enjoying breathtaking views of Lake Montedoglio and relaxing surrounded by tranquil nature.
The restaurant serves typical Tuscan cuisine, with traditional recipes passed down through the generations:hand-chopped meat ragù, ravioli with ricotta and herbs, potato tortelli, sausages with fennel, panzanella, bread soup, agliata garlic sauce, bagiana beef stew, bruschetta, black crostini and homemade pasta, as well as dishes of wild boar and game, porcini mushrooms and truffles.
Vegetarian and vegan guests can also be sure of a delicious selection of tasty, traditional dishes that are free from animal products.
The restaurant uses ingredients from the farm itself and other local producers,and the agriturismo’s chef, Mamma Antonella, is known for her cuisine based on fresh, seasonal produce.In the morning you’ll find her in the vegetable garden gathering vegetables for dinner, and in the hen house tending to the chickens, which provide the eggs for breakfast and her delicious homemade desserts.
The agriturismo is located in Tuscany’s Tiber Valley, between Arezzo’s hills and woodland, which appear in paintings such as Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Battle of Anghiari” and literary works like “The Little Flowers” of St. Francis of Assisi, the ideal base for exploring ancient hamlets such as Sansepolcro, Anghiari, Caprese Michelangelo and Pieve Santo Stefano.Arezzo, Florence, Assisi and Lake Trasimeno are easily accessible too.
The agriturismo offers “Experience Tours”, in which guests get involved in the cultivation of the land, the harvest and the gathering of olives, mushrooms and truffles. You can discover art and crafts through storytelling and memories handed down by local artisans and learn how to make homemade pasta and prepare traditional Tuscan recipes.
A weekly activity programme, which runs from April to October, offers guest the chance to discover what the local area has to offer, including:
- Cookery classes for children and adults
- Walks in the estate’s woodland (1-3 hours)
- Truffle foraging with dog and truffle hunter
- Aperitif with tasting of local wines
- Archery lessons for beginners with instructor and parcour for experts (FIARC, FITARCO and IFAA registered)
- Cheese Making Class “The Art of Pecorino” you will produce three types of cheese: raveggiolo, pecorino and ricotta. Visit the farm, the sheep breeding and making cheese at "Fattoria Bistecca - Cortona"
- Wine tasting with tour of the “Fattoria La Torre – Arezzo” organic wine cellar and "Podere Pomaio - Arezzo" wine cellar
- Oil tasting with tour of the “Fattoria Il Faggeto – Anghiari” olive press
- Horse riding for beginners and experts, adults and children at “Compagnia Cavalieri di Villaba – Pieve Santo Stefano”
- Trips to the “Fattoria L’Aringa Appesa – Sansepolcro” donkey farm with rides for children
- Bicycle hire (MEDIUM and TOP OF THE RANGE), ROAD, MOUNTAIN BIKES and E-BIKES available, plus helmet, puncture kit, tools and water bottle.Transfers to and from the agriturismo included. Giude by request.
- Kundalini yoga lessons and courses
- Fishing trips with guide and equipment hire for coarse fishing, spinning, carp fishing and ledgering
- fishing licence for Lake Montedoglio (for those not in possession of a valid licence for Tuscany)
- Maps for cycling (road bike or mountain-bike), and for excursions and trekking.
Inform the agriturismo of any animals at the time of booking.
Owners will be held responsible for damage to property and persons.
Up to 40
Set menu + └ la carte
Hi, I am Giada, in questa foto sono con mio Nonno Armando and I am 40 years old.
I have been managing Le Ceregne Bio since 2000 along with my family.
As well as we cook for the guests, we welcome the guests, we run the courses.
I chose this job because to pursue a passion
Our guests' favourite thing about Le Ceregne Bio is the food.